We’re looking for a technical writer for a contract position.
At White Deer Group we help companies create, manage, and distribute their business knowledge. If you check out our culture and values and think you’re a good fit we’d be honored to hear from you.
Tell me more about your dream candidate
Our ideal candidate for this opportunity will be someone with extensive experience in a variety of technical writing disciplines.
An amazing fit would be someone with experience in MadCap Flare, markdown, and Confluence.
The ideal candidate will already be familiar with managing documentation in regulated industries or be familiar with localization and documents done at scale.
This person will be able to work independently and fulfill the objectives of the contract for our client, but will also be a good member of our Content Design Team. They will be detail-oriented and capable of overseeing high-quality work, and at the same time, focused on meeting delivery dates for our clients.
They should be polished in appearance and able to represent White Deer Group with professionalism in working with clients.
What you’ll be doing
Assist with developing, maintaining, and supporting high-quality documentation such as technical and user manuals, online help, marketing collateral, and training materials.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Some practical writing experience in a university setting, as an intern or assistant in a commercial setting, or a combination thereof. Must be able to showcase a portfolio of assorted technical writing assignments.
- Working experience in technical writing and documentation.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation while paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Analytical ability applied to client-provided content to determine suitability, content improvements, and overall structure.
- Must have excellent written/verbal communication, listening, organizational, interpersonal, research, investigative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner, and willingness to pursue emerging technologies as needed for the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of content management software (preferably MadCap Flare) and Microsoft Office.
- Basic familiarity with process design.
- Understanding of agile development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Write and edit interface and procedural documentation including user guides, articles, training materials, manuals, and other technical documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Write, rewrite, and/or edit documentation, communication, and reference materials for a variety of projects and purposes
- Work with subject matter experts and team members to ensure that written product communicates information in a clear, appropriate, and applicable manner
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding
- May be involved in maintaining production schedules, budgets and coordinating department activities
- Assist with client satisfaction issues
- Familiar with CSS
- Familiar with HTML
- Experience with (any) Content Management Systems
White Deer, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.