After working with new and existing franchise systems for more than a decade, we realize the biggest challenge to completing manuals in a timely manner is the resources required to gather materials and make fundamental decisions that will impact your franchise for years to come.
You are essentially running one business (the existing concept) while also trying to start a new business (the franchise system).
Because we know what a challenge it is to run one business, let alone two, we offer clients the option of creating their operations manual in a three-day Bootcamp. The Bootcamp eliminates many of the problems of finding time in the day to answer questions and make decisions to keep the operations manual moving forward.
How Bootcamp Works
Bootcamps are magic days where we sit you down and open up your brain
We offer clients an opportunity to experience Bootcamp. This is a time when you come to our office, and we take away your phone and make you talk.
“It was great to be able to sit down and discuss our needs and tailor the project to our company.” – Bonnie Spencer, Marketing Manager, Smokey Mo’s BBQ
- You’re busy and running around actually operating your business. You’re on the phone every five minutes, firing off emails.
- Or, if you’re one of our restaurant clients, you might actually be standing in front of a fire. You don’t have time to return our questions or read the content.
- Coming to our office for focused sessions gives us efficient time together.
- We put your content up on our big screen and edit it live. You can talk, we can type, and the magic happens.
- We have snacks! And chocolate!
- Our office is in a neat neighborhood with cool restaurants. We know you really want to come experience exposed brick and endless coffee.
Typical Bootcamps are 2–3 days. We’ve found 2 work best for most of our clients.
Phase 1: We start with an intake questionnaire that asks the most common questions we know you’ll need to address and a list of documents/resources we need. We take these answers/documents and create the base files for your project. From this base set, we provide you with a Table of Contents you can use to get your FDD in motion.
Phase 2: We schedule a time for you to come to our office in Atlanta for three full days of working on completing your manual. This dedicated time can dramatically shorten the time it takes to create a finished manual.
Phase 3: We take the manual through our internal editing and proofreading process, finish up any loose ends, and then deliver your manual—usually within ten business days.
The fee for Bootcamp is negotiated in your contract or can be added later. Your Account Manager can give you more details.
Your only additional costs are travel, lodging, and expenses while you are here. (We’ll even spring for lunch!) There are some great AirBnB’s in the area around our office.